Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I just recieved my MtAoFC yesterday

Hello everyone,
I haven't posted for a bit so sorry. Every time I get on my computer my whole day goes by.
I was on blog computer restriction. LOL I needed to do life. Reality is that we have had the fires to deal with where I'm at, I wasn't close but boy the air has been horrible, but it seems to be about 20% contained. I am praying for all effected and our amazing firefighters who are true hero's. WOW. Prayers to all of them

Back to cooking now.
I have starting reading the book from the first page and all the info is so great on the how to's, the things needed and the difference between the pans or dishes we should use in the making the wonderful recipes.
The first recipe is the Leek & Potato soup starting off with an easy one.
How is everyone doing?

4 comments:

Connie K said...

Cant wait to see how it comes out ! A few weeks ago i did the Julia Child's Beef Bourguignon and the famiy loved it. Still have'nt got the book yet but i will just like you so much going on !! LIFE :0 glad you posted today:)

Empowering the Goddess said...

Connie,
I wanted to do that one but I thought keeping it simple right now would be the best thing to do right now.
So it turned out yummy. I think the next thing I do will be that one but in the middle of triple digit weather that may warm up the home to much.
It took awhile to get the book with Amazon but when it came I was like a kid at Christmas, I couldn't get the box open fast enough. LOL Now I wish I had lots of money to go to William Sonoma and buy all new Le Creuset Cookware, along with all the wonderful things they have there. AWE, in my dreams. I'm looking for a job right now and I was thinking to get a job there to be around all those bright and shiny things. LOL. What's next on your menu plan?

Joell said...

. I haven't ordered my books yet but will soon. We have been traveling across the country in our RV from Arizona to North Carolina and everywhere I go women are talking about the movie thank goodness for Julie and Julia women are interested in cooking again. Not just frozen meals. I saw the movie and then took my husband the next week and he loved it. My friend has seen it three times and one gal even dug up the original cookbook her mother bought 50 years ago. She had forgotten about it until the movie came out.

I am happy I found this blog. will tune in often.

Petunia said...

Very nice to meet you Marcelle. I just got my book friday and made Boeuf Bourguignon on saturday dispite the 95* weather. It took 4.5 hours but it was so yummy. I'm not sure what I'll make next. Something that doesn't require the oven to be half the day probably. BTW, I posted a photo on my blog if you wanna take a look. It's at the bottom.
http://educatingpetunia.blogspot.com/2009/09/sunday-salon.html